Addison Airport (ADS) is located in a noise-sensitive area surrounded by residential communities. The "Fly Friendly Over Addison" program has been developed to further reduce noise levels in the vicinity of the airport.
The program solicits airport user involvement in reaching and maintaining these community goals. Participation and knowledge are the keys to its success. For example, we follow the NBAA Standard Departure Procedures.
Addison Airport encourages pilots to:
- Safely operate aircraft in a responsible and courteous manner
- Seek to learn and follow noise abatement procedures
- Fly at the highest and safest altitudes, and avoid training activity over congested and residential areas
- Follow manufacturer’s noise abatement procedures whenever consistent with safety
- Demonstrate the commitment to the “Fly Friendly over Addison” and its surrounding communities
To file a noise complaint, click here:
To learn more details about this program, please refer to our Part 150 Study
If you would like to report a noise complaint, please contact Darci Neuzil by phone at 972.392.4854 or via e-mail. Airport staff utilizes this information to further understand aircraft disturbances.