Quality Educational Opportunities for All Ages
Depending on where in Addison you live, you will be served by either Dallas ISD or Carrollton/Farmers Branch ISD.
The only public school actually located within Addison's borders is George H. W. Bush Elementary School, which opened its doors in 2012. The school, part of the Dallas Independent School District, serves students from Kindergarten through 5th grade. While Bush Elementary is making headlines, Addison residents have long been proud to be home to a pair of North Texas' finest private schools:
- Greenhill School is a private college preparatory institution with an enrollment of 1,200 students grades pre-K through 12.
- Trinity Christian Academy, another private college preparatory institution, serves grades pre-K through 12 and is home to more than 1,500 students.
Working and living in Addison also allows easy access to many quality colleges and universities.
- Brookhaven College, part of the Dallas County Community College District and located in nearby Farmers Branch.
- University of Texas at Dallas, located in Richardson (6.6 miles)
- Southern Methodist University, located in Dallas (11 miles)
- University of North Texas at Dallas (23.7 miles)
- University of North Texas, located in Denton (29 miles)