How to Apply
Our next Police Entrance Exam will be Saturday, April 28, 2018!
Please see below for instructions on how to apply.
- Applicant testing (written exam and physical fitness test) will be held on Saturday, April 28, 2018 beginning at 8:30am at the Addison Police Department.
- To register for the exam, please submit a completed Personal History Statement via email to email@example.com. Once confirmed, you will receive an admission slip, which you will need to bring with you on the exam date (along with a governement-issued ID). Please do not send any of the supporting documents at this time (birth certificate, transcript, etc.)
- For more details on written exam and physical fitness tests, please click here.
- Applicants who are already certified peace officers are welcome to attend this exam, or can set up a different exam date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed applications must be received no later than 5pm on April 16, 2018 to be eligible for the April 28 exam.
Steps in the Application Process:
- Written Examination
- Physical Fitness Examination
- Polygraph Examination
- Oral Interview Board
- Background Investigation
- Interview with the Chief of Police
- Contingent Offer
- Medical Examination/ Drug Screen
- Psychological Examination