Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG)
DON'T BE A PAIN IN THE DRAIN!
Please participate in our 2016 Holiday Grease Roundup by dropping off your unwanted grease from November 9 - January 7 at two of our convenient locations:
Addison Service Center located at 16801 Westgrove Addison, TX 75001: The self-service container will be located on the east side of the building as shown in the photo below.
Whole Foods located at 5100 Belt Line Rd. Unit 1012 Dallas, TX 75254 near the west entrance.
- Can the grease! Keep an empty metal can and pour oil and grease into the can. Allow grease to cool in the container before throwing it in the trash.
- Wipe before washing. For greasy pans, pour the grease into a container and use a paper towel to wipe out the remaining grease in the pan prior to washing.
- Seal the oil. Liquid should be limited to no more than one-half gallon. Mix liquid vegetable oil with an absorbent material such as kitty litter or coffee grounds in a sealable container before throwing it in the trash.
- Keep drains clean by pouring 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain followed by 1/2 cup of white vinegar. Wait 10-15 minutes then rinse with hot water.
- Don't pour fat, oil or grease down drains or garbage disposals.
- Don't use hot water to rinse off cookware, utensils, dishes or surfaces.