Power Down in Addison
Addison is encouraging residents to turn off their non-essential electronics and appliances from 7pm to 8pm this spring and to spend quality time with family and friends.
3 simple reasons to join the community and Power Down this summer:
1. Turning off your electronics and appliances save energy.
2. Energy conservation saves money and resources.
3. Getting outside with family and friends is fun and promotes a healthy, active lifestyle!
- Click here for a basic overview of ways to reduce energy usage at home, from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Want to assess the energy efficiency of your home? Find out with the Home Energy Yardstick from Energy Star!
- Go room by room through your house and see where you can save using the fun, interactive Energy Star Tool at Home.