Building Inspection- What We Do
The Building Inspection Division protects the public's safety through inspections of all new construction and remodeling projects. This division inspects to see that new construction meets nationally accepted standards for structural, plumbing, electrical, and fire safety.
The Town of Addison provides:
- Same day service on building inspections called in prior to 8:30am
- Specific appointments for residents who need inspections in their homes
- After-hour and weekend inspections if needed (extra fee)
Building Inspection E-Permit Portal
A fast and convenient way to view all property information and permits that have been issued on a particular property. You can also apply for a permit online and once the permit is approved, make a payment!
- Municipal Code of Ordinances
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development; Residential Rehabilitation Inspection Guide
- NCTCOG's Regional Building Codes
- National Fire Protection Association
- Free Viewing Access to the International Building Code, via eCodes
- Texas Architect Diagram- When is an Architect Required to Design?
- Texas Engineer Diagram- When is a Texas Licensed Engineer Required?
- U.S. Department of Justice; 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- American Wood Council
- American Wood Council, Wood Span Design Standards
- Call Before You Dig 811